One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a female dog) pregnant.‘busy time ahead if she is in whelp’
- ‘I now have 5 of the new breed after importing a bitch in whelp from Sweden and then breeding my Grand Champion bitch this year.’
- ‘Hohenbruck, Thornton's first German shorthaired pointer, arrived in Missoula in whelp.’
- ‘Its over hour drive there and back - with her being in whelp don't think that is good idea.’
- ‘Do not feed to bitches in whelp, Can be used long-term, although a break is recommended as necessary.’
- ‘After 65 days and what I thought was a bitch in whelp, has turned out to be a full blown phantom pregnancy.’
- ‘The only sure way to tell if she is pregnant will be to have a scan at around 4-5 weeks, and she will be ‘pregnant’ or in whelp for around 59-63 days.’
- ‘All puppies are kept in the cool basement in the hot weather, and during the summer our bitches in whelp are kept there also.’
- ‘I have found it pays best to give the bitch in whelp a generous feed of raw meat daily.’
- ‘It is a sure indication that the bitch is in whelp and it will last throughout the rest of the pregnancy, but if the colour of the discharge changes another 5 day course is advisable.’
- ‘Even with this regime, it took one of the bitches four seasons before she finally proved in whelp.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.