One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Being planned, worked on, or produced.‘a major consolidation of companies was in the works’
under way, going on, ongoing, happening, occurring, taking place, proceeding, being done, being performed, continuing, in operationView synonyms
- ‘Plans are in the works to build an addition that will double Shaw's occupancy.’
- ‘If such a plan is truly in the works, it will have dire consequences for the people of Darfur.’
- ‘Plans are already in the works to begin developing several new trails in the area this summer.’
- ‘The meeting had lasted over four hours and still no strategy or plan of rescue was in the works.’
- ‘In addition to the new club in Idaho, plans are in the works for the first sumo club in Texas.’
- ‘Plans are in the works to add a variety of new programming and specialty shows.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.