One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
very quickly, very soon, in a second, in a minute, in a moment, in a trice, in a flash, in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, in less than no time, in no time at all, before you know it, in a very short timeView synonyms
- ‘The listing was withdrawn but I would have purchased it in a wink.’
- ‘She's a master of surprise, able in the wink of an eye to transport the reader from tranquil normality to stark terror.’
- ‘Being a Newcastle fan I know first hand Kieron's strengths and weaknesses, I know that he has bags of pace, can skin players in the wink of an eye, can create and score goals.’
- ‘‘There is an atmosphere of depression at the club but it can all change in the wink of an eye,’ he said.’
- ‘In theory, they spread an infinite distance, and can manifest clear across the universe in the wink of an eye.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.