One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
very quickly, very soon, in a second, in a minute, in a moment, in a trice, in a flash, in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, in no time, in less than no time, in no time at all, before you know it, in a very short timeView synonyms
- ‘She's a master of surprise, able in the wink of an eye to transport the reader from tranquil normality to stark terror.’
- ‘‘There is an atmosphere of depression at the club but it can all change in the wink of an eye,’ he said.’
- ‘Being a Newcastle fan I know first hand Kieron's strengths and weaknesses, I know that he has bags of pace, can skin players in the wink of an eye, can create and score goals.’
- ‘In theory, they spread an infinite distance, and can manifest clear across the universe in the wink of an eye.’
- ‘The listing was withdrawn but I would have purchased it in a wink.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.