One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Anywhere; of all.‘he was the nicest person in the whole world’
- ‘Opposite Wimbledon Park lies the most famous tennis club in all England, probably in the whole world.’
- ‘Now Dublin boasts the tallest such structure not just in Ireland but in the whole world.’
- ‘I am sure there are no better hospitals or clinics in the whole world.’
- ‘He would probably be the nicest liberal preacher that you ever met in the whole world.’
- ‘It's her favorite thing in the whole world, and I just can't deny her anything.’
- ‘My superman is my dad - he's the coolest, most patient, most rational man in the whole world.’
- ‘Insomnia has to be the most frustrating thing in the whole world.’
- ‘I think it must be the only Mercury Lynx station wagon left running in the whole world.’
- ‘We have cheapened and devalued that which is the most valuable possession in the whole world - the human person.’
- ‘Today I'm going to tell you about my favorite dish in the whole world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.