One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Anywhere; of all.‘he was the nicest person in the whole world’
- ‘I think it must be the only Mercury Lynx station wagon left running in the whole world.’
- ‘Insomnia has to be the most frustrating thing in the whole world.’
- ‘It's her favorite thing in the whole world, and I just can't deny her anything.’
- ‘My superman is my dad - he's the coolest, most patient, most rational man in the whole world.’
- ‘Now Dublin boasts the tallest such structure not just in Ireland but in the whole world.’
- ‘I am sure there are no better hospitals or clinics in the whole world.’
- ‘He would probably be the nicest liberal preacher that you ever met in the whole world.’
- ‘We have cheapened and devalued that which is the most valuable possession in the whole world - the human person.’
- ‘Today I'm going to tell you about my favorite dish in the whole world.’
- ‘Opposite Wimbledon Park lies the most famous tennis club in all England, probably in the whole world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.