Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
As an unintended part of a course of action.‘she would make him pay for this, even if she killed herself in the process’
- ‘Above it, in the process of closing up, is an establishment called the Solid Rock Cafe.’
- ‘She has assured me that she will get me in the best shape of my life or kill me in the process.’
- ‘It was a good way of getting to know the area and helping the local community in the process.’
- ‘But he suffered a calf injury in the process and will be out for two to three weeks.’
- ‘Of course, in the process of wanting others, we may well be found wanting by them.’
- ‘He has been preparing for the part for months, losing weight in the process and even growing a beard.’
- ‘We are at least used now to spiralling costs, so why not keep the planet in a better condition in the process?’
- ‘I think everyone was very relieved to find that he didn't kill anyone in the process.’
- ‘Someone bought me a drink on Tuesday, and they snagged a bargain in the process.’
- ‘They strive to get all they can even if it means ruining someone else in the process!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.