Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
In the process of being planned or developed.‘the company has three new models in the pipeline’
on the way, in preparation, being prepared, in production, under way, coming, forthcoming, upcoming, imminent, about to happen, near, close, brewing, in the offing, in the wind, anticipated, expectedView synonyms
- ‘There are plans in the pipeline to open a shop in Shanghai and perhaps expand to Beijing.’
- ‘There are other plans in the pipeline and these will be discussed at future meetings.’
- ‘Big plans are now in the pipeline to open it up again soon and it will once again play a big role in town as work is completed.’
- ‘There are plans in the pipeline to build a town centre pool elsewhere.’
- ‘A total of 16 schools across the borough have launched travel plans and more are in the pipeline.’
- ‘Humphrys himself still seems to have plenty of plans in the pipeline.’
- ‘He said there were further plans in the pipeline to develop the Heversham site for community and educational use.’
- ‘Major changes are undoubtedly in the pipeline for the whole process, from arrest to release from prison.’
- ‘He says existing plans are stuck in the pipeline with no money in the budget to finish them.’
- ‘Plans are in the pipeline to develop ports at Harwich, Southampton and Teesport.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.