One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the nude; naked.‘they were running round in the nip’
- ‘The Killorglin-based Gulliver company was contacted by potential holidaymakers who are interested in discarding their clothes and taking a dip in the nip in places like Rossbeigh, Inch or Ballybunion.’
- ‘If you see a muscle-bound Austrian man wandering around in the nip, assume he knows what he's doing and just run.’
- ‘Hayley admits to Kim that she is attracted to him - catching him in the nip at the Beach House sorted that out - but she's not sure if she's ready to make that step.’
- ‘They're in calendars naked and when they're not photographed sitting on the back of quad bikes in the nip then they're posing around in Gucci and Armani and Hugo Boss.’
- ‘When he said there's a woman who sometimes walks about in the nip in the flats across the way, Leanne instantly commandeered his set and wouldn't let anybody else get a look in, not for hell or high water.’
- ‘It climaxed with two guys standing gyrating on the stage in the nip.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.