One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a process of change and with an uncertain outcome.‘the future of the railway is still in the melting pot’
- ‘Whatever the outcome however, expect it to remain in the melting pot from first minute to last.’
- ‘After all, with everything in the melting pot, it is a chance to catch the moment and, for good or ill, to make changes that might affect the course of history.’
- ‘Proposals for what powers it should have and how it would be financed remain in the melting pot, with a definitive vision expected in the next few months.’
- ‘Ed Dunlop's stable has been badly hit with the equine flu, with 30 horses affected, and it is in the melting pot whether Nasij will now go to Newmarket for the fillies' Classic.’
- ‘Traders in Castle Place precinct have vowed to stand firm against any pressure to move out as new plans for a major retail and leisure complex remain in the melting pot.’
- ‘Wiseman will be going back with a higher offer, and the whole issue will be placed back in the melting pot.’
- ‘Last week's announcement may have been swift but the project itself was in the melting pot for several years.’
- ‘A cinema was suggested at the beginning and as such, along with other things, it is one of the suggestions in the melting pot.’
- ‘We are a fair way down the road toward what we are trying to achieve, but now the whole thing is back in the melting pot.’
- ‘The name of the new club has already been fixed as J's, but where it will meet and how often is still in the melting pot, along with what sort of activities and facilities it will provide.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.