One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the process of developing or being made.‘a campaign that's been two years in the making’
budding, burgeoning, coming, emergent, growing, developing, nascent, potential, promising, up and coming, incipientView synonyms
- ‘In other words you could be looking at documentary history in the making.’
- ‘Although he looks to be a chaser in the making, Laouen is currently showing rapid progress over hurdles.’
- ‘A replica traction engine more than a decade in the making by a father and son team is almost complete.’
- ‘It was news in the making; made entirely by Alastair Campbell and in precisely the way he wanted.’
- ‘But most of the cases have been a long time in the making and are still struggling to reach resolution.’
- ‘Six years in the making and England have a cricket team to be proud of.’
- ‘When he says the opinion of good men is knowledge in the making, he means good men, not clever men.’
- ‘It is the way of the grown-up world, we are told, and aren't we a world city in the making?’
- ‘Then, there you are, seated among the stars with a front-line view of movie history in the making.’
- ‘An Irish point-to-point winner last year, Galero is a steeplechaser in the making.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.