One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
For the benefit of.‘in the interests of security we are keeping the information confidential’
- ‘This is in our interest and in the interest of our clients.’
- ‘‘The trustees have a simple duty: to act in the interest of the beneficiaries,’ he said.’
- ‘One such principle holds that space is to be explored and used ‘for the benefit and in the interests of all countries.’’
- ‘The Government should act in their interests and not just in the interests of the elite who can afford to build nursing homes.’
- ‘Yes, I was working in his interests but directors of companies must work in the interests of all shareholders.’
- ‘If we felt that it is no longer in the interests of our children to take part then we would have no choice but to withdraw.’
- ‘It's not in the interest of our people, and it's not in the interest of the peace process.’
- ‘The fence must come down in the interests of the commonage rights of local farmers and in the interests of the local environment.’
- ‘We are doing so because it is in our best interests and in the interests of our citizens.’
- ‘This may be in the interests of arms dealers, but is it in the interests of the global community?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.