One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
When everything has been considered (used to suggest that a statement expresses the basic truth about a complex situation)‘in the final analysis it is a question of political history’
eventually, in the end, in the long run, at length, finally, sooner or later, in time, in the fullness of time, after some time, in the final analysis, when all is said and done, one day, some day, sometime, at last, at long lastView synonyms
- ‘Looked at from the outside, however, our situation seems no different from his - for in the last analysis, it is not up to any of us to have the deepest selves we do.’
- ‘For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this small planet.’
- ‘But, in the final analysis, Tartt does much more than present a complex, rich, unique character.’
- ‘Yes, mistakes are made, targets are not achieved, but ultimately the science of hindsight often reveals flaws in the ultimate analysis.’
- ‘If political laurels go in the last analysis to those prepared to risk everything, then in this sense at least Pitt deserved them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.