One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
If — happens.‘this will reduce the chance of serious injury in the event of an accident’
- ‘A significant number would also increase the risk of injury to children in the event of an accident.’
- ‘The Medical Wing will be involved in setting up and running mobile field hospitals in the event of a conflict.’
- ‘There are no proper dressing or drying facilities in the event of inclement weather.’
- ‘The tablets will be accompanied by a pack advising what to do in the event of a national emergency.’
- ‘Another major issue for the team will be its course of action in the event of military conflict.’
- ‘As was stated on the ticket, a draw would take place in the event of more than one winner.’
- ‘The speaker may be called upon to cast the deciding vote in the event of a tie.’
- ‘An adequate number of volunteers will be ready for rescue operation in the event of a mishap.’
- ‘It can save lives in the event of a fall or accident and would give security in the event of a break-in.’
- ‘The car's pedals will also de-couple in the event of a crash to prevent injuries to the feet and lower legs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.