One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As it turns (or turned) out.‘he was sent on this important and, in the event, quite fruitless mission’
as it turned out, as it happened, in the endView synonyms
- ‘I fear reports of my being shot are premature, though in the event there will a long list of suspects.’
- ‘His money talked rather more eloquently, in the event, than he ever did.’
- ‘The prophesied cuts in services turned out, in the event, to be incorrect.’
- ‘He sought a winner's medal at last but, in the event, had to settle for less.’
- ‘I am happy to report that, in the event, the warm-up exercise worked rather well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.