One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Nevertheless, he commends the President's approach for beginning to "put the consumer in the driver's seat."’
- ‘Utah fans are thinking that they are in the driver's seat.’
- ‘Here, drought is in the driver's seat.’
- ‘In many different respects, they just want a place in the driver's seat.’
- ‘Putting "experts" back in the driver's seat will drive his Digital Universe project.’
- ‘Markets, not morality, are in the driver's seat.’
- ‘Dan Moore is making plans to get back in the driver's seat.’
- ‘Young people throughout the world find irresistible the prospect of being in the driver's seat of their own lives.’
- ‘Well, we knew they would, they are just too good to not spend at least part of the season in the drivers ' seat.’
- ‘The politicians were in the driver's seat!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.