One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Naked.‘people generally don't go swimming in the buff in public places’
- ‘In 1998, in the early morning hours after Montreal's massive Black & Blue circuit party benders, a man awoke in an alley, in the buff, with no memory of who he was or where he came from.’
- ‘The final breakthrough will be when people are making bets in the buff.’
- ‘The stories featured mainly attractive young people with no perceptible acting talent or experience disporting themselves in the buff.’
- ‘I'm not implying we should all be in the buff all the time.’
- ‘Here's a hint, don't try gymnastics in the buff.’
- ‘If you prefer your nudism, well, natural, why not get literally get back to nature with a stroll across England in the buff?’
- ‘Russia's top politicians regularly appear for interviews on this popular news show, and, yes, the interviewer is sitting there in the buff, asking serious questions as though all was normal.’
- ‘Some of us were doing real exams at university, and it was most distracting with all the girls wandering around in the buff.’
- ‘There's an added incentive to buffing in the buff: how her late mother would have disapproved.’
- ‘Although rumors circulated saying she would appear completely in the buff, a spokesperson for the actress confirmed ‘She is certainly not nude.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.