One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Thinking or believing that.‘he took the property in the belief that he had consent’
- ‘It works because it's done in the belief that everyone has something to say.’
- ‘What we are doing is putting them out of sight, deep in the forest in the belief that wild animals are resilient and will survive all odds.’
- ‘This norm is rooted in the belief that there are no privileged sources of scientific knowledge.’
- ‘The authorities are fully prepared to play the waiting came in the belief that sooner or later they will get their man.’
- ‘The film was made in the belief that by examining this single event something much larger can be found - the shape of our world today.’
- ‘One year I volunteered to cover Christmas weekend in the belief that at least the students would be gone by then.’
- ‘Total strangers were hugging and kissing each other, united in the belief that 2004 was their year for glory.’
- ‘I admire their decision to publish their accounts in the belief that their truth deserved to be heard.’
- ‘He has very high hopes for the band and they are currently working hard in the belief that they can beat their own target of expectations.’
- ‘They will persevere; they will continue to preach the gospel in the belief that one day their faith will be rewarded.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.