One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
For the reason that.‘I was fortunate in that I had friends’
- ‘A pillar of the Kirk, he was also unique among journalists in that he hardly ever swore.’
- ‘The Lib Dems are an unusual party in that they start local and expand to the national.’
- ‘We have a problem in that there is a lack of places for this age group to go.’
- ‘It's a concept album in that it tells a story - albeit with a rather lame twist at the end.’
- ‘It will differ from normal halls of residence in that each bedroom will have its own front door.’
- ‘It is also unusual in that the hoof on the fifth leg is divided into three, rather than the normal two.’
- ‘Rose was also fortunate in that he had an early start when there was no wind.’
- ‘My sport is a bit like being a goalkeeper in that you have to be mentally strong.’
- ‘In many ways they are three of a kind in that they are all touched with a little eccentricity.’
- ‘He was lucky in that it didn't develop into anything else and he didn't have to go to hospital.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.