Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
In the real, precise, or actual form specified.‘the plaintiff could not be sure of recovering his goods in specie’
- ‘the court will order the defendant to transfer it in specie to the plaintiff.’
- ‘If it is lost in specie, there can be no equitable tracing of the money.’
- ‘He could not have pursued a claim in specie.’
- ‘My question was directed to a situation in which what was recovered was property in specie.’
- ‘There was a power to distribute in specie contained in the will.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.