One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
To a very high degree.‘he got his revenge now in spades’
- ‘It called upon qualities that neither one of us has in spades, to kind of sell yourself and sell this product.’
- ‘Shaw's staff thought the world of him, and their loyalty was repaid in spades.’
- ‘Try to avoid the obvious tourist traps as you'll miss out on the ambience and unique characters that more traditional halls have in spades.’
- ‘Realize that whatever you do to me, I'm likely to do to you in spades.’
- ‘And he has repaid that faith in spades, humility and understatement his trademark all season, on and off the field.’
- ‘Needless to say, to successfully achieve such remarkable feats required all four of the above virtues in spades.’
- ‘A lesser wine from one of the region's top producers, this delivers cherries, tea, acidity and tannins in spades.’
- ‘It is a gift, and this silver-tongued charmer has it in spades.’
- ‘Sincerity isn't what normally comes to mind when talking about pop music, but these two sets of twins have it in spades.’
- ‘Politically, this decision of Charles's is paying off in spades.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.