One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In someone's position, situation, or circumstances.‘I would not run for president if I were in his place’
- ‘I guess if I were in her place I wouldn't rest so easy either.’
- ‘They would do the same thing if they were in his place.’
- ‘If I was in his place I would never play for the national team again.’
- ‘Had I been in her place, perhaps I would acted in a similar manner.’
- ‘If I were in his place, I wouldn't rest until I showed every last one of them exactly what I was made of.’
- ‘I'd have felt the same if I was in her place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.