One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
When experienced or engaged in a little at a time.‘computer games are great in small doses’
- ‘General readers should not be put off by these somewhat academically impenetrable study aims, for, absorbed in small doses, the general reader obtains a useful insight into the Japanese mind.’
- ‘I'm used to being able to tolerate wheat in small doses.’
- ‘I'm learning that paradise on earth exists in small doses - part of experiencing it is the ability to leave it behind and keep going in the faith that you have been there and that days like these come around if you let them.’
- ‘Get to know the anti-social cutie in small doses.’
- ‘The fourth album is like an incredibly rich chocolate cake - utterly indulgent, strikingly intense in small doses, quickly sating the appetite.’
- ‘Something unpalatable may be acceptable in small doses, but not in a big dose.’
- ‘I believe it's slightly overrated but it's fun in small doses.’
- ‘I'll be leaving 2003 exactly as I entered it: enjoying the band in small doses, still uncertain as to whether they're a triumph of style over substance.’
- ‘Even more than dance music (which he can just about tolerate in small doses and at low volumes, if pushed), this represents everything he hates.’
- ‘And I can be almost tolerable, if you take me in small doses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.