One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With the purpose of doing something.‘he slouched into his seat in order to avoid drawing attention to himself’
- ‘I pay road tax and other taxes in order to use the highway and this is now being denied.’
- ‘Users must set up an online account in order to view, save and print documents.’
- ‘Also, do you need to have a credit history with a bank in order to take out a loan?’
- ‘It is an individual sport where you have to handle the pressure in order to succeed.’
- ‘This creates a problem for a company that needs to maximise its profits in order to grow.’
- ‘Previously they had to find a job and apply for a work permit in order to stay in this country.’
- ‘We have velux windows in the office and in order to see out we have to scrape the snow off them.’
- ‘It is also expected to shed jobs through natural wastage in order to keep costs down.’
- ‘Then there is the huge number of people who have borrowed to the hilt in order to secure a home.’
- ‘I set up this blog in order to keep my friends and family informed of my time in Hanoi.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.