One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
When (or how) one wants to, regardless of the possible inconvenience caused to others.
- ‘Go to hell, we will get to you in our own sweet time.’
- ‘Either for Ulva to contact us in her own sweet time or for Taman to make his move.’
- ‘I also tend to quite readily submit to other people's impatience, if they want to me to do something right away, rather than doing things in my own sweet time.’
- ‘The upshot is that both Quark and Adobe know they can move platforms in their own sweet time.’
- ‘Surely, it is better to let the dead lie and allow memories to fester in their own sweet time?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.