One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
By mental process without use of physical aids.‘the piece he'd already written in his head’
in one's mind, in the mind, in one's brain, in the brain, in one's head, in the head, inwardly, intellectually, cerebrally, cognitively, psychologically, psychicallyView synonyms
- ‘I know the images you get in your head after reading a book are very peculiar to you but the building just didn't fit with my images.’
- ‘It fascinates me that a composer must hear music in their head and then write it in a foreign language before it is actually played.’
- ‘He had already potted the nine in his head, but now, since Jimmy made the call for the pocket, he had to rewind.’
- ‘After his tedious rail delay, Clark started writing down what had been bubbling in his head for years.’
- ‘In other words, if you can picture it in your head, it will occur in the physical world.’
- ‘That goes on the whole time and you play little games in your head.’
- ‘On the way home I was writing this review in my head, before listening to the album.’
- ‘To a large extent they ignored vision, which does a large part of the processing that goes on in your head.’
- ‘Then we watched boys snowboard and a man ski, and she wrote her next Christmas list in her head.’
- ‘I was busy writing all about it in my head, when reality stabbed me in the stomach.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.