One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clearly and forcefully.‘she has already refused me, in no uncertain terms’
- ‘We like nothing better than a riled footballer suggesting in no uncertain terms exactly what he's going to do with a rival coach's words.’
- ‘That has meant telling trade groups and industry lobbies in no uncertain terms not to hire Democrats.’
- ‘He was told in no uncertain terms that the document was privileged.’
- ‘But we all know the results: they have all eventually said in no uncertain terms that the job is too much.’
- ‘Many of us, myself among them, questioned the referee's parentage and eyesight in no uncertain terms.’
- ‘That's how we started, in fact, making speeches laying out what we wanted in no uncertain terms.’
- ‘He told me in no uncertain terms that I was third choice of three keepers, one of which was young Ally Brown, who has never played for the first team.’
- ‘Disneyland management was contacted and told in no uncertain terms.’
- ‘Has any kid ever put a gun to his head during a training session just to let him know in no uncertain terms that he isn't at all angry about anything?’
- ‘Grampian Police has a booklet on how to pass its tests in which it spells out the need for police officers to be fit in no uncertain terms.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.