One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clearly and forcefully.‘she has already refused me, in no uncertain terms’
- ‘That's how we started, in fact, making speeches laying out what we wanted in no uncertain terms.’
- ‘But we all know the results: they have all eventually said in no uncertain terms that the job is too much.’
- ‘Has any kid ever put a gun to his head during a training session just to let him know in no uncertain terms that he isn't at all angry about anything?’
- ‘Grampian Police has a booklet on how to pass its tests in which it spells out the need for police officers to be fit in no uncertain terms.’
- ‘We like nothing better than a riled footballer suggesting in no uncertain terms exactly what he's going to do with a rival coach's words.’
- ‘Many of us, myself among them, questioned the referee's parentage and eyesight in no uncertain terms.’
- ‘Disneyland management was contacted and told in no uncertain terms.’
- ‘That has meant telling trade groups and industry lobbies in no uncertain terms not to hire Democrats.’
- ‘He told me in no uncertain terms that I was third choice of three keepers, one of which was young Ally Brown, who has never played for the first team.’
- ‘He was told in no uncertain terms that the document was privileged.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.