One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Under no circumstances.‘in no case is a specific funding target set’
- ‘One should recognize that the allegiance required is to the Constitution, not to an individual; in no case should this professional allegiance be confused with blindly following the orders of superiors.’
- ‘These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.’
- ‘However, in no case should urgent consultation with a urologist be delayed if torsion is clinically suspected.’
- ‘But in no case should you treat labor as ‘its own reward.’’
- ‘We should refer to participants in Special Olympics as athletes and in no case should the word appear in quotation marks.’
- ‘The Department of Defense has agreed to relocate its systems within two years, but in no case later then 2008.’
- ‘Though we will not discuss the circumstances of this matter in no case should a customer interfere with flight attendants in the discharge of their duties.’
- ‘Transcripts of all press conferences shall be made publicly available via the internet as soon as practicable, and in no case later than six hours after the end of the conference.’
- ‘And in no case would they have stooped to some of today's musically and verbally monotonous genres.’
- ‘The swords are measured to ascertain that they are of equal length, and in no case must a sword with a sharp edge or a notch be allowed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.