One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In my opinion.‘that counts as a lie in my book’
for my part, for my own part, for myself, according to my way of thinking, to my mind, in my estimation, as far as i am concerned, in my opinion, in my view, in my own opinion, in my own view, from my own point of view, from where i stand, from my standpoint, as i see it, if you ask me, for my money, in my bookView synonyms
- ‘It was a fish soup, no doubt made from yesterday's unsold fish - but that's a good thing in my book.’
- ‘So in my book that makes it really controllable, even in bad weather.’
- ‘So anything which helps interns find their way around a community which can be very intimidating must, in my book, be a good thing.’
- ‘Admittedly he is inclined to forget things like birthdays, but that's not a cardinal sin, not in my book, anyway.’
- ‘Celebrities who can rough it on the streets with the homeless are okay in my book.’
- ‘Forgive the caveman economics, but keeping the lights and heating on comes a long way ahead of saving the planet, in my book.’
- ‘The party was a real laugh, lovely people, tasty food - a good combo in my book!’
- ‘They all had vests but not one of them had opted for a tie, another transgression in my book.’
- ‘At the press of a button, I could tell what temperature it was in their nursery too, which takes spying to a whole new level in my book.’
- ‘True democracy, in my book, is one person one vote on any decision that effects the society that is voting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.