One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In my opinion.‘that counts as a lie in my book’
for my part, for my own part, for myself, according to my way of thinking, to my mind, in my estimation, as far as i am concerned, in my opinion, in my view, in my own opinion, in my own view, from my own point of view, from where i stand, from my standpoint, as i see it, if you ask me, for my money, in my bookView synonyms
- ‘They all had vests but not one of them had opted for a tie, another transgression in my book.’
- ‘The party was a real laugh, lovely people, tasty food - a good combo in my book!’
- ‘So anything which helps interns find their way around a community which can be very intimidating must, in my book, be a good thing.’
- ‘Celebrities who can rough it on the streets with the homeless are okay in my book.’
- ‘At the press of a button, I could tell what temperature it was in their nursery too, which takes spying to a whole new level in my book.’
- ‘It was a fish soup, no doubt made from yesterday's unsold fish - but that's a good thing in my book.’
- ‘Admittedly he is inclined to forget things like birthdays, but that's not a cardinal sin, not in my book, anyway.’
- ‘Forgive the caveman economics, but keeping the lights and heating on comes a long way ahead of saving the planet, in my book.’
- ‘True democracy, in my book, is one person one vote on any decision that effects the society that is voting.’
- ‘So in my book that makes it really controllable, even in bad weather.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.