One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Moving.‘flowing blonde hair that was constantly in motion’
- ‘Jasmine flushed with guilt and couldn't seem to get her feet or her tongue in motion.’
- ‘These have stopped passengers from getting on and off while the bus is in motion, or alighting where they please.’
- ‘She drew animals in motion during visits to national parks in Botswana, Kenya and Uganda.’
- ‘One's clarity of mind while in motion is almost soothing.’
- ‘Permanently in motion, he seemed to fear what he might discover in the calm stillness of introspection.’
- ‘The entire tree seemed to be in motion, and more little flocks flew in all the time.’
- ‘Vehicles and their occupants in motion have kinetic energy that is dissipated in a crash.’
- ‘I'm possibly a bad driver, but my passengers seem too scared to say anything while we're in motion.’
- ‘Managers and designers can then satisfy themselves that it will look as good in motion in the real world as it does on screen.’
- ‘Astronomy in this mould becomes a branch of pure mathematics, the study of spheres in motion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.