One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Moving.‘flowing blonde hair that was constantly in motion’
- ‘Vehicles and their occupants in motion have kinetic energy that is dissipated in a crash.’
- ‘Permanently in motion, he seemed to fear what he might discover in the calm stillness of introspection.’
- ‘Managers and designers can then satisfy themselves that it will look as good in motion in the real world as it does on screen.’
- ‘Jasmine flushed with guilt and couldn't seem to get her feet or her tongue in motion.’
- ‘I'm possibly a bad driver, but my passengers seem too scared to say anything while we're in motion.’
- ‘One's clarity of mind while in motion is almost soothing.’
- ‘Astronomy in this mould becomes a branch of pure mathematics, the study of spheres in motion.’
- ‘These have stopped passengers from getting on and off while the bus is in motion, or alighting where they please.’
- ‘The entire tree seemed to be in motion, and more little flocks flew in all the time.’
- ‘She drew animals in motion during visits to national parks in Botswana, Kenya and Uganda.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.