One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Following closely and eagerly.
- ‘Walters followed in hot pursuit before finally catching up with his victim in a traffic jam.’
- ‘You see, I've been in hot pursuit of my target for a couple of weeks now.’
- ‘Maraj and Charles continued in hot pursuit and eventually caught up to William near Volney's Gas Station.’
- ‘The guy runs off into the roiling crowd, staff in hot pursuit.’
- ‘They hold a big party in his honour and after his photo gets printed in the paper, the prison guards follow in hot pursuit.’
- ‘Allen Shamrock went a couple of lengths clear up the back straight with Lenny's Friend and Dale Inferno in hot pursuit.’
- ‘I follow in hot pursuit and we manage to get the kite off the ground.’
- ‘The mob however followed in hot pursuit and soon had him pinned down.’
- ‘There were reports he had gone inside and to the astonishment of hospital staff, armed police soon followed in hot pursuit.’
- ‘Brave Trooper Joey Doe has no choice but to speed his cruiser in hot pursuit, gunning the engine to dizzying speeds along suburban street.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.