One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As a celebration of or expression of respect for.‘a dinner given in honour of Nevinson’
memorial, remembrance, celebratory, celebrativeView synonyms
- ‘Family members and friends joined May for a special celebration in honour of the occasion.’
- ‘The Senate today held a moment of silence in honor of all the troops in Iraq.’
- ‘On Sunday my uncle organized a big family lunch in honour of my graduation.’
- ‘We do hope to see both young and old at this celebration in honour of our Lady.’
- ‘She bought me a rose to plant in the garden in honour of my granny.’
- ‘We heard speeches and read articles and held celebrations in honour of the great achievement.’
- ‘There were great celebrations in Castlegregory in honour of the world champions.’
- ‘A special celebration party was held in the family home in honour of the popular couple.’
- ‘At the end of the meeting the group held a buffet dinner in honor of the new committee.’
- ‘His former school named one of the school houses in honour of him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.