One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the position of goalkeeper.
- ‘Eventually I said let me do one or the other so they said go in goal.’
- ‘Barthez is unchallenged in goal - no one will break into the goalkeeping slot.’
- ‘Carrick is still sitting so deep that he might as well go in goal.’
- ‘I enjoy going in goal during training sessions but on a serious note we got the three points and that's the main thing.’
- ‘He's the best goalkeeper and has played in goal for a long time and not let us down.’
- ‘If he only could, McClaren would surely look for more options in goal as well.’
- ‘The idea is to have one person in goal and the rest of the people play on their own (or doubles as the case may be).’
- ‘He is currently travelling around Australia, trying to persuade people to let him have a go in goal.’
- ‘I stood in goal, agony and all, and proceeded to save a free kick with my face.’
- ‘My brother and I always used to go out and play against each other, we used to take turns to take shots and go in goal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.