One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the position of goalkeeper.
- ‘Carrick is still sitting so deep that he might as well go in goal.’
- ‘Barthez is unchallenged in goal - no one will break into the goalkeeping slot.’
- ‘I stood in goal, agony and all, and proceeded to save a free kick with my face.’
- ‘He's the best goalkeeper and has played in goal for a long time and not let us down.’
- ‘My brother and I always used to go out and play against each other, we used to take turns to take shots and go in goal.’
- ‘The idea is to have one person in goal and the rest of the people play on their own (or doubles as the case may be).’
- ‘I enjoy going in goal during training sessions but on a serious note we got the three points and that's the main thing.’
- ‘If he only could, McClaren would surely look for more options in goal as well.’
- ‘Eventually I said let me do one or the other so they said go in goal.’
- ‘He is currently travelling around Australia, trying to persuade people to let him have a go in goal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.