One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
When intoxicated.‘we've hit each other before, in drink’
- ‘He added that there continued to be a problem with people under the age of 18 buying alcohol from off licences, and the number of incidents involving youths in drink was still too high.’
- ‘He's had problems with committing offences while in drink.’
- ‘We have to take children home aged 13 or 14 who are in drink and to be honest we never know what reaction we are going to get from the parents.’
- ‘The boy's large size tended to make people wary of him, but when not in drink, he was an ‘affable lad’.’
- ‘He told him: ‘This offence was obviously committed whilst in drink.’’
- ‘The spokesman added: ‘We think the woman was in drink at the time, but this was a very distressing and serious incident.’’
- ‘We will continue to pursue those who flout licensing regulations in supplying drink to minors and those already in drink.’
- ‘At her original trial at Leeds Crown Court, the jury heard how the couple had a stormy relationship, with frequent arguments and both had a temper, especially in drink.’
- ‘Both solicitors said the brothers had been in drink during the fight.’
- ‘I have no doubt that during his periods of service in Germany he was drinking heavily and when in drink was aggressive and on occasions violent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.