One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Sought after.‘all these skills are much in demand’
sought-after, desired, coveted, wanted, requested, requiredView synonyms
- ‘I can't foresee a time when the sort of skills we've accumulated will no longer be in demand.’
- ‘As he improved, word of mouth got round, and Alistair's skills were soon in demand.’
- ‘Our steel industry has been affected by slowdown in demand and has suffered large losses.’
- ‘The news from the estate agents is that the demand for new homes is still very much in demand.’
- ‘His widget is in demand and despite the distance from the marketplace he is competitive.’
- ‘The increase came despite a fall off in demand for office space from hard hit tech and telecom firms.’
- ‘Your skills are in demand like never before and chances are the situation is only to get better.’
- ‘Previously it was the new kids on the block with the latest skills who were in demand.’
- ‘Much has changed in the past decade, and now car hire services are very much in demand in the country.’
- ‘The women painted by the Raja have never been as much in demand in the art market as they are today.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.