One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With reference to; concerning.‘detectives are questioning two men in connection with alleged criminal damage’
regarding, concerning, with reference to, referring to, with regard to, with respect to, respecting, relating to, in relation to, on, touching on, dealing with, relevant to, with relevance to, in the context of, connected with, on the subject of, in the matter of, apropos, reView synonyms
- ‘He had been appearing for a remand in custody hearing in connection with two burglaries.’
- ‘They were due to be questioned by police today in connection with the incident.’
- ‘The men were also arrested in connection with offences relating to illegal immigration.’
- ‘It was not the first time that his name had been mentioned in connection with another team.’
- ‘One man was questioned in connection with the incident, but was later released on bail.’
- ‘Two local youths have been arrested and questioned by officers in connection with the incident.’
- ‘But something has just occurred to me in connection with what you have been saying.’
- ‘Three people have been questioned by police in connection with the demonstration.’
- ‘That was the third time I had to phone the council last month, all in connection with our recycling box.’
- ‘In this section we shall address that question in connection with neo-realism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.