One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a meeting.‘the Prime Minister has been in conference for five hours’
- ‘I've attached it again to a jobs bill, but that's in conference, and I don't know what's going to happen there, but we have had good bipartisan support.’
- ‘As the Labour Party faithful, of which I was hitherto a proud member, meet in conference, they have an opportunity to earn the nation's commendation.’
- ‘It is already in the House bill funding those departments, and Democrats will not let it be stripped out behind closed doors in conference.’
- ‘It's been sitting in conference for a long time.’
- ‘We'll be in conference - everybody knows what that means.’
- ‘That sweeping legislation has been in conference since July.’
- ‘You know, the bishops, as you pointed out, met in conference in 2002 and again in 2003, to talk about how to cope with this escalating crisis in the church.’
- ‘The amendment could still be removed in conference with the Senate as the two houses work out differences in the legislation.’
- ‘We've seen these kind of games played before in conference, where conferees drop provisions which they should not drop when they're both in the House and the Senate bills.’
- ‘The health and labor spending bill is currently in conference, where a minimal increase of $25 million to $38 million is under debate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.