One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With another person or a group of people.‘he feels at ease in company’
- ‘For so many years, I've sat in company, saying how important it is to love where you're from, because that is part of who you are.’
- ‘Apart from walking, that is - I'm a strong, fast walker who has to make a deliberate effort to slow down when in company.’
- ‘The hardened smokers will probably be in company of other smokers most of the time and won't cause any particular friction.’
- ‘I'm shy and when in company tend to do little talking.’
- ‘Quite a few warnings have gone round about not walking across poorly lit parks at night, even, it would seem, in company.’
- ‘What do you do when you are sitting in company and you realize that the stench is coming from you?’
- ‘I am sorry to say that in all cases, the caller has been young and male and has made the phone call in company, as indicated by raucous laughter in the background.’
- ‘Besides, it was my chance to enjoy a couple of tracks of my in-car bagpipe tape, the one I'm not allowed to play in company.’
- ‘There's the odd mood swing, I'll suddenly get very depressed, sometimes in company, sometimes by myself.’
- ‘But when someone is rude or obnoxious or singles Brenda out in company then she can find it a little harder to take.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.