One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With another person or a group of people.‘he feels at ease in company’
- ‘Besides, it was my chance to enjoy a couple of tracks of my in-car bagpipe tape, the one I'm not allowed to play in company.’
- ‘But when someone is rude or obnoxious or singles Brenda out in company then she can find it a little harder to take.’
- ‘I'm shy and when in company tend to do little talking.’
- ‘Apart from walking, that is - I'm a strong, fast walker who has to make a deliberate effort to slow down when in company.’
- ‘What do you do when you are sitting in company and you realize that the stench is coming from you?’
- ‘I am sorry to say that in all cases, the caller has been young and male and has made the phone call in company, as indicated by raucous laughter in the background.’
- ‘The hardened smokers will probably be in company of other smokers most of the time and won't cause any particular friction.’
- ‘Quite a few warnings have gone round about not walking across poorly lit parks at night, even, it would seem, in company.’
- ‘There's the odd mood swing, I'll suddenly get very depressed, sometimes in company, sometimes by myself.’
- ‘For so many years, I've sat in company, saying how important it is to love where you're from, because that is part of who you are.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.