One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In control or with overall responsibility.‘he was in charge of civil aviation matters’
responsible for, in control of, at the helm of, in the driving seat of, at the wheel ofView synonyms
- ‘Donna and Vince are in charge of the overall running of the pub and have been in charge for just over a year.’
- ‘The Director is in charge, and is responsible for the look and feel of any production.’
- ‘They are extremely fortunate to have such a model professional as Richard in charge.’
- ‘She will also be in charge of a council chamber where no party has overall control.’
- ‘Hodkin said that he had been in charge of the controls when the two had been on the scooter earlier in the day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.