One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
expecting a baby, having a baby, with a baby on the way, having a child, expectant, carrying a childView synonyms
- ‘If it wasn't for the fact that you are in a delicate condition, I would have tickled you mercilessly for that last comment.’
- ‘I try to help out around the house, but the family insists that I am in a delicate condition and must rest.’
- ‘The timeline suggests, although I don't have proof, that she may have been in a delicate condition while she was at Yale.’
- ‘To her dismay, she soon found herself in a delicate condition and was obliged to marry George.’
- ‘And don't be shy about telling someone who has bad breath, noxious perfume or cigarette smells on them that you're in a delicate condition and need some fresh air.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.