One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
When compared.‘the Prime Minister's support staff is tiny in comparison with that of a US President’
comparatively, in comparison, by comparison, proportionatelyView synonyms
- ‘The amount of weblogs that get a lot of traffic each day is pretty tiny in comparison with the number of weblogs in the world.’
- ‘Doubtful prairie dogs have a proportionally larger neocortex in comparison to other mammals.’
- ‘I hate to compare but it makes my emotional state seem very beige by comparison.’
- ‘Our presupposition is pretty fantastical in comparison to the one held by the general population.’
- ‘Taxes in South Africa were relatively high in comparison to the rest of the subcontinent.’
- ‘In a word, it was rather trite and pale by comparison to past years.’
- ‘He showed them that the lives they had before were pretty good in comparison.’
- ‘Of the things that he had seen in this world, this was only quite tame by comparison.’
- ‘It is a good vintage and the prices are pretty reasonable in comparison to the 2000.’
- ‘It is entertaining to read but seems rather trivial in comparison with its predecessor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.