One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
When compared.‘the Prime Minister's support staff is tiny in comparison with that of a US President’
comparatively, in comparison, by comparison, proportionatelyView synonyms
- ‘It is a good vintage and the prices are pretty reasonable in comparison to the 2000.’
- ‘Doubtful prairie dogs have a proportionally larger neocortex in comparison to other mammals.’
- ‘It is entertaining to read but seems rather trivial in comparison with its predecessor.’
- ‘He showed them that the lives they had before were pretty good in comparison.’
- ‘The amount of weblogs that get a lot of traffic each day is pretty tiny in comparison with the number of weblogs in the world.’
- ‘Of the things that he had seen in this world, this was only quite tame by comparison.’
- ‘In a word, it was rather trite and pale by comparison to past years.’
- ‘Our presupposition is pretty fantastical in comparison to the one held by the general population.’
- ‘I hate to compare but it makes my emotional state seem very beige by comparison.’
- ‘Taxes in South Africa were relatively high in comparison to the rest of the subcontinent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.