One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area between the goal line and the dead-ball line.
- ‘Deacon was caught well short when a chip into the in-goal area might have been a better option.’
- ‘Horne's clever grubber kick into the in-goal area was misjudged by the Broncos and the touch judge ruled that Sean Briscoe had managed to touch down before the ball ran dead.’
- ‘With just two minutes gone, Rob Roberts put a teasing grubber kick into the Town in-goal area and Austerfield pounced on the loose ball to claim the try.’
- ‘Austerfield, who looked solid in his first game at full-back, fumbled Eaton's grubber kick in his own in-goal area and Kershaw pounced to score.’
- ‘Like most of the football pitches we use nowadays, the dimensions are slightly different and the in-goal area is usually smaller.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.