One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The area between the goal line and the dead-ball line.
- ‘With just two minutes gone, Rob Roberts put a teasing grubber kick into the Town in-goal area and Austerfield pounced on the loose ball to claim the try.’
- ‘Deacon was caught well short when a chip into the in-goal area might have been a better option.’
- ‘Like most of the football pitches we use nowadays, the dimensions are slightly different and the in-goal area is usually smaller.’
- ‘Austerfield, who looked solid in his first game at full-back, fumbled Eaton's grubber kick in his own in-goal area and Kershaw pounced to score.’
- ‘Horne's clever grubber kick into the in-goal area was misjudged by the Broncos and the touch judge ruled that Sean Briscoe had managed to touch down before the ball ran dead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.