Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Occurring or provided during an aircraft flight.‘in-flight catering’
airborne, in the air, in flightView synonyms
- ‘Still, some experts say prices will have to come down before in-flight Web use becomes widespread.’
- ‘There was no evidence of an in-flight fire or in-flight structural failure.’
- ‘For increased range the aircraft is equipped with an in-flight refuelling probe and receptacle.’
- ‘Those failures led to two in-flight engine shutdowns and the turnback of a third airplane.’
- ‘Certainly, one of the most potentially dangerous aspects of winter flying is in-flight icing.’
- ‘There will be free standardised meals and limited in-flight entertainment.’
- ‘With the new boom in the airline industry and the introduction of many new aircraft, the need for in-flight cabin crew is increasing.’
- ‘Be sure to take the copies with you in case an in-flight decision must be made to divert to another airport for any reason.’
- ‘The in-flight tracking system will provide operators with precise aircraft position data.’
- ‘The Imperial Hotel provided the in-flight meal for this flight.’
- ‘The first step to mile high web access and email is airlines introducing the third generation of in-flight entertainment systems.’
- ‘His prompt action prevented an inevitable in-flight emergency and further damage to the aircraft.’
- ‘The aircraft is equipped with an in-flight refuelling probe mounted above and behind the flight deck.’
- ‘Menus, amenities, staff uniform, and in-flight entertainment are all new.’
- ‘You're relieved when you hear your in-flight seatbelt click.’
- ‘These effects are relevant to dealing with possible in-flight emergencies or aborted flights.’
- ‘If ever you need a program to run in-flight radar tracking on helicopters, he's your man.’
- ‘The airline also offered Taiwanese songs and movies as in-flight entertainment.’
- ‘An illuminated in-flight refueling probe is installed in the top center line of the fuselage.’
- ‘The comfortable flight included hot meals, bathroom facilities, and in-flight movies.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.