One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She recommends learning impressionistically - getting the big picture before considering the details.’
- ‘The total population of England in 1600 was probably fairly close to 4.1 million (and Scotland, Ireland, and Wales, much more impressionistically, 1.9 million).’
- ‘Within this framework the essays move impressionistically back and forth with little attention to, or interest in, specific chronology.’
- ‘Debussy's impressionistically languid Premier Rhapsodie was filled with warm, burnished tonal sheen and fetching sounds.’
- ‘The photographs-typical, odd, hypnotizing - were impressionistically combined with fragmentary recordings of conversations among people flipping through their own family albums.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.