One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Don't be surprised if in your lifetime the majority of your peers will consider you loony (if not irresponsible) for leaving impregnation up to pure chance-that quaint practice of sexual reproduction.’
- ‘I mean, it's the time of the month for me that is perfect for impregnation and we haven't used protection,’ she pointed out.’
- ‘Leak-proof sealing is achieved via impregnation of the leather with a tar-like substance obtained through the boiling and distillation of fir and pine wood.’
- ‘Nevertheless, the vast majority of servants seem to have escaped impregnation - illegitimacy rates were low, between 2 and 5 per cent.’
- ‘The virgin birth was believed to be the divine impregnation of a young woman by a god.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.