One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lack of exactness or accuracy.‘all scientific measurements come with some degree of imprecision’
- ‘Life scientists have more money, less oversight, and much more tolerance for imprecision than physicists.’
- ‘Are these examples clear, or is there a degree of imprecision in the case law?’
- ‘During installation, imprecision can lead to interference with other objects.’
- ‘The real inadequacy of his account lay not in his descriptive approach but in the imprecision of his description.’
- ‘The rhythmic imprecision of the triplet in the melody of the synthesizer only adds an extra element of uncertainty to the passage.’
- ‘Does the imprecision of language get in the way of understanding?’
- ‘One of the problems with artificial intelligence was that it relied on what is known as predicate logic, which is very intolerant of imprecision.’
- ‘The author's other problem is an affected imprecision of language.’
- ‘The digital speedometer does not always reflect actual spped, and the same imprecision applies to the bar-type fuel gauge.’
- ‘The whole exercise of assessing damages is shot through with imprecision.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.