One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lack of exactness or accuracy.‘all scientific measurements come with some degree of imprecision’
- ‘The author's other problem is an affected imprecision of language.’
- ‘The whole exercise of assessing damages is shot through with imprecision.’
- ‘Are these examples clear, or is there a degree of imprecision in the case law?’
- ‘During installation, imprecision can lead to interference with other objects.’
- ‘The digital speedometer does not always reflect actual spped, and the same imprecision applies to the bar-type fuel gauge.’
- ‘The rhythmic imprecision of the triplet in the melody of the synthesizer only adds an extra element of uncertainty to the passage.’
- ‘One of the problems with artificial intelligence was that it relied on what is known as predicate logic, which is very intolerant of imprecision.’
- ‘Does the imprecision of language get in the way of understanding?’
- ‘Life scientists have more money, less oversight, and much more tolerance for imprecision than physicists.’
- ‘The real inadequacy of his account lay not in his descriptive approach but in the imprecision of his description.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.