One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These are questions we can answer only imprecisely.’
- ‘On some wine lists in the English-speaking world all German wines, other than those regarded as Mosel (or often ‘Moselle’), appear somewhat imprecisely under the heading ‘Rhine’.’
- ‘Used imprecisely, ‘war’ assumes rhetorical importance as a way to mobilize popular support, express seriousness of intention, and prepare the citizens for sacrifices.’
- ‘The first three years of George II's reign, which began in 1727, were afflicted by successive waves of smallpox and influenza-like infections, imprecisely and variously described by contemporaries as agues and fevers.’
- ‘In contrast, the 12 essential genes known to exist within the mitotic heterochromatin of chromosome 3 have remained only imprecisely mapped.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.