One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘If your pet should wander off in search of a mate, you may be faced with paying fines and impoundment costs or worse should your pet be injured while roaming for a mate.’
- ‘Some of the impoundments were lined with plastic, which flapped over the edge of the dirt embankment like a garbage bag inside a trash can.’
- ‘This trip visited a 300-acre area of landfill, fresh water tidal marsh, and dredge impoundments that is bordered by the Delaware River, Pennsauken Creek, and Route 73.’
- ‘The papers state the obvious, such as loss of licence and impoundment of vehicle, as well as court dates.’
- ‘Of even more importance to freshwater fishing, and particularly dams or impoundments, is the barometric pressure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.