One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Seated in a big chair there was a large man dressed imposingly in what looked like formal military costume.’
- ‘At the end of the corridor was an imposingly dark door, with a big, heavy knob.’
- ‘And at an imposingly athletic 6ft 3ins tall, he doesn't have to do much to command the attention of the room.’
- ‘Up ahead she saw buildings of metal and mortar rise up imposingly and vehicles of every sort whir by, both in the air and on the ground.’
- ‘These poems evoke outer and inner landscapes that have worn and changed with time but are still imposingly alive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.