Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The process of putting a decision or plan into effect; execution.‘she was responsible for the implementation of the plan’
execution, application, carrying out, carrying through, performance, enactment, administrationfulfilment, fulfilling, discharge, accomplishment, achievement, realization, contrivance, prosecution, effectingenforcement, impositioneffectuationView synonyms
- ‘It is fairly easy to do this with the aid of the abstract implementations provided by the Java platform.’
- ‘This sample source is only one possible design example, and it may or may not correspond to an implementation delivered with any particular computer system product.’
- ‘Designs must not only incorporate the latest power management in the logic design phase, but these techniques need to be automated during the implementation phase.’
- ‘The following implementations are either no longer available or their URLs have moved.’
- ‘Below are some implementations in progress or completed.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.