One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And the grotesque form of it - a child's story - only adds to the sardonic implacability of it.’
- ‘But, while one admires Franz for arguing that he has borne witness to the evil others ignore, his implacability makes him a less complex protagonist.’
- ‘He rejoiced in the implacability of history and the tyranny of absolutes.’
- ‘The important thing to acknowledge, to accept and to make use of is the fact of the anxiety - its weight, its size, and its implacability at this time in your life, for whatever reason.’
- ‘The next time it happens, just imagine that you are arguing with your own stubborn self, and I'm sure you'll change your stance and find that their implacability was to a degree egged on by your own attitude toward them after you determined that they were being stubborn.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.