One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lacking the normal opening; not perforated.‘unicellular spores of these parasites have an imperforate wall’
- ‘The most common associated conditions include Hirschsprung's disease and imperforate anus.’
- ‘In the former, they are embedded within perforate extraxial skeleton, whereas in the latter, they separate imperforate from perforate extraxial regions.’
- ‘If meconium is delayed, look for meconium plug, sepsis, narcotic exposure, Hirschsprung's disease, hypothyroidism, cystic fibrosis, or imperforate anus.’
- ‘In typical Level 3 geometries, the shell was tightly coiled, with an imperforate umbilicus.’
- ‘In girls, it may reveal vaginal discharge, vaginal atresia, or imperforate hymen.’
2(of a postage stamp or a block or sheet of stamps) lacking perforations, especially as an error.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.